Are you a swift guard who is quite eager to beat the opponent with smooth pull-up jumpers and crossovers? This means that you need to get hold of best basket shoes for guards that can match up with your style of playing.
Now, when you are buying shoes for basketball guards, then you have to remember one important aspect, and that is the guards have to move a lot across the entire court. This is one of the reasons that they require shoes that offer them flexibility, comfort, and balance in the ankles.
Plus, the shoes need to offer adequate protection to the guards as well. Another, a quality that basketball guards look for in their shoes is durability and reliability. The reason is that their shoes go through a lot of wear and tear. This is why they cannot go for a pair of shoes that are vulnerable to damage.
To make the selection easier, we have prepared a list of the top shoe options for basketball players.
#1 Nike Zoom KD 9 Men’s Shoes
- Black and white split work on the shoe's upper
- Bold Swoosh branding positioned near the ankle
- Below sits completed blacked out tooling, including full-length Zoom Air
- White and black split work on Nike Zoom upper part.
- These basketball shoes are made up of synthetic material.
- Maximum cushioning provided by Zoom Air technology.
- The honeycomb traction helps players perform well on any court.
- The inner padding gives comfort to the players.
Nike Zoom KD 9 Men’s Shoes Overview
The Nike Zoom KD 9 can be termed as performance shoes. This footwear feels low to the ground. This is why these shoes are perfect for the shooting guards and the point guards. The rubber outsole of these shoes will provide you the much-needed grip in the outdoor and indoor court. If you are an athlete with narrow or normal feet and are looking for good impact protection, then, in this case, KD 9 is bound to fit you well.
- The design of Nike Zoom looks aesthetically nice.
- These best basketball shoes for guards are lightweight.
- They are durable.
- The width of the KD 9 shoe runs a bit narrow.
- Ankle support could be better
#2 Adidas Harden Vol. 1
- boost is our most responsive cushioning ever, The more energy you give, the more you get
- Rubber outsole inspired by the geometric Fibonacci sequence to engineer tread pattern for ultimate grip on court
- Heel 3-Stripes exclusive to James Harden
- Wraparound tongue construction for locked-down fit, toe cap for extra protection
- The shoe lacing provides comfortable lockdown to the wearer.
- The full-length boost provides adequate impact protection.
- The traction Of Adidas Harden Vol.1 works well.
- Offer great ankle support through the heel and tongue padding.
- The Adidas rubber sole offers great grip on the court.
Adidas Harden Vol. 1 Overview
We have to start this Adidas Harden review with the fact that these shoes offer low to the ground and responsive cushioning. They are made up of premium material and can be termed as well-rounded sneakers. The Adidas Harden shoes are apt for guards who value the element of mobility. These shoes have a polarizing design, and this is why they can be worn for the casual occasion as well. The best part is that these Adidas Harden shoes have a perfect fitting that suits most of the wearers.
- These best basketball shoes for guards are lightweight.
- Adidas Harden Vol.1 is well-designed.
- These shoes are quite comfortable.
- The manufacturer needs to improve the leather toecap quality.
#3 NIKE Men’s Kyrie 3
- Kyrie 3 upper mesh is reinforced with Fuse for offering durability.
- The 3d rubber overlay provides more security
- Kyrie 3 offers the best traction.
- These shoes have multi-directional pods that allow fast moves.
- Kyrie 3 provides heel counter for keeping feet in place.
NIKE Men’s Kyrie 3 Basketball Shoe
If you are looking for an amazing court feel, then Kyrie 3 is the best option that can come your way. These shoes have an exclusive internal shank that provides the much-needed support for your feet. You will also fall in love with the elite level grip. The ankle collar also contours the ankle well and these shoes fit the wearer easily. What is worth appreciating about Nike Kyrie 3 is that it can be termed as one of the more affordable signature models.
- These best basketball shoes for guards are breathable and comfortable.
- Kyrie 3 shoes are quite durable.
- This Nike range has extensive color options.
- The manufacturer should think along the lines of adding more padding to the shoes.
#4 Adidas Performance Men’s Crazy Explosive Basketball Shoe
- boost is our most responsive cushioning ever: The more energy you give, the more you get
- Xeno upper
- Updated lacing system for reduced pressure on laces
- Comfortable textile lining
- Tinted TPU wrap over boost midsole
- Adidas Performance provides cushioning and offer good impact protection.
- These shoes have an exclusive rubber sole.
- They are made up of synthetic material.
- These basketball shoes are true to the size.
- Have a solid construction.
Adidas Performance Men’s Crazy Explosive
Adidas Performance basketball shoes have killer traction. They offer solid foot containment as well. You will not find any empty spaces in your pair of shoes. Adidas Performance has got xeno upper that boosts your energy by keeping you comfortable. These shoes are made up of textile, but they do not compromise on the quality of the material by any means at all. The lining of the shoes is also quite smooth. This is why you can look forward to improved performance with Adidas Performance.
- These best basketball shoes for guards are lightweight as well.
- Adidas Performance is comfortable.
- They have a great design.
- Some users feel that these shoes are on the hard/stiff side. This is a question of preference.
#5 Adidas Performance Men’s D Rose 5 Boost
- Boost technology gets added to the d rose signature to bring you a shoe that will transform your game on the floor and help you dominate
- Shockweb upper overlay reinforcement for strength
- and premium style
- Soft mesh for increased comfort and breathability that keeps your feet cool as your game heats up
- Adidas Rose 5 has excellent traction.
- Uses SprintWeb technology to get rid of moisture from feet
- The midsole offers bounciness that suits footwork.
- These shoes have Shockweb upper overlay reinforcement that provides support.
- Adidas Rose 5 offers the much-needed grip.
Adidas Performance Men’s D Rose 5 Overview
The Adidas Rose 5 is worth buying because it makes use of the exclusive TPU material on the heel counter. The best part is that these shoes have a moderate price range, but still, Adidas makes uses of the best technologies in manufacturing these shoes. What you will love about these shoes is that they do not fail aesthetically as well. Adidas Rose 5 is perfect for everyday wear so you can flaunt them with ease. They are undoubtedly one of the best basketball shoes for guards.
- These shoes are durable.
- The wearer gets the much-needed comfort.
- Adidas Rose 5 shoes are quite lightweight.
- The quality of the upper could be improved
#6 Nike Hypershift TB
- Mid Top
- Nike Zoom
- Superior lockdown offered across the different areas of your foot.
- Nike Hypershift provides responsive cushion system.
- These shoes have rubber sidewalls that offer ultimate control.
- Have an appealing construction.
- They have a good traction
Men’s Nike Hypershift Overview
If you are on a tight budget and looking for the right pair of shoes, then you should think along the lines of buying Nike Hypershift. These low-budget basketball shoes surely exceed your expectations with their high-quality performance. Nike Hypershift has shallow nubs that wrap around the midsole and covers the bottom. This is one of the reasons that this shoe provides excellent stability to the wearer. You can look forward to explosive speed on the court wearing these shoes.
- Nike Hypershift is quite comfortable.
- These shoes are made using quality material.
- Not the best durability
#7 Nike Zoom Lebron Soldier Xi
- 10.5 M US
- Black/White-deep Royal Blue
- Offer great impact protection due to the use of zoom technology.
- The mesh located in upper provide steady airflow to feet.
- The laceless design facilitates ease of use.
- Superior traction contributes to great performance on the court.
- The straps of these shoes keep the feet secure.
Nike Men’s Zoom Lebron Soldier Xi Overview
Nike Men Zoom can claim to be the best basketball shoes for guards. The quality of these shoes is that they suit the style of any player. Nike Men Zoom is designed keeping the user comfort in mind. No wonder most people find the insole of these shoes comfortable and plush. The price of this footwear is also quite reasonable keeping in mind the comfort their offer to the users. The truth is Nike Men Zoom are solid basketball sneakers that deserve a try for sure.
- These shoes have an appealing design.
- They are designed to be durable.
- The traction pattern causes a bit of slippage.
#8 Nike Air Overlay IX
- Encapsulated heel Nike Air unit provides great cushioning on impact.
- 1/2-length bootie construction for a comfortably snug fit.
- These shoes offer multi-grip for multi-directional movements.
- The herringbone pattern offers aggressive traction.
- Nike Heel technology ensures a smooth landing.
- The ½ length bootie construction offers comfort.
- Nike Overlay also provides the best traction.
Nike Men’s the Air Overlay IX Basketball shoe Overview
Nike Men’s makes use of prolific color patterns that truly look appealing. This is why they are categorized as one of the best basketball shoes for guards. The color pattern is what makes these Nike series quite adorable. These shoes have a fabulous leather base that covers the body of these shoes in quite an effortless way. This footwear makes use of modern shoe design methods to guarantee the comfort of the wearer. Another thing worth appreciating about these shoes is that they fit with ease. Plus, you will notice the fact that these shoes do not compromise on any of the salient features of the craftsmanship.
- The heavily padded shoe collar offers protection.
- These shoes have quality suede soles.
- These shoes run a bit narrow.
#9 Adidas Dame 4
- Neoprene collar for comfort and fit
- Textile upper for lightweight comfort and breathability
- Bounce cushioning provides enhanced comfort and flexibility
- Numbers on tongue represent significant moments in Damian's life
- Bootee construction for snug and secure fit; Comfortable textile lining
- These shoes have bounce cushioning that offers flexibility.
- The Bootee construction of the shoes allows a secure fit.
- The Neoprene collar of the shoe offers appropriate fitting.
- Adidas Dame offers superior traction.
- The textile upper of the shoes contributes to breathability.
Adidas Dame 4 Shoe Men’s Basketball Overview
Adidas Dame 4 can be classified as the best basketball shoes for guards. The mesh present on these shoes contributes to improved air flow. The compression of the collar works quite well, and once things warm up in the game, you are good to go. The lockdown of these shoes is quite incredible as well. This is for two reasons. One reason is the lacing, and the other reason is the compression collar of these shoes. The shoe fitting is also perfect for any basketball player.
- Adidas Dame is lightweight.
- These shoes offer value for money.
- The quality of the shoe material can be improved.
#10 NIKE Kyrie 4 Basketball Mens Shoes
- Kyrie 4 offers the best cushioning.
- The shoe traction comprises multi-directional herringbone.
- Kyrie 4 provides excellent support.
- The lockdown of these shoes is absolutely perfect.
- This footwear has solid suede soles.
NIKE Kyrie 4 Overview
Nike Kyrie 4 truly deserves to applaud for superior construction. The materials that have been used along the upper are a mixture of new and old engineered mesh. This is one of the reasons that these shoes are lightweight. The heel panel of the shoes is made up of suede material, but the appreciative element is that it does not feel cheap. The truth is that Kyrie 4 is well-rounded on all the fronts. This is why these shoes deserve to be called the best basketball shoes for guards.
- Kyrie 4 is true to its size.
- The construction of these shoes is durable.
- The quality of the lacing can be improved.
Important Factors to Consider When Buying Basketball Shoes for Guards
When you have decided to buy basketball shoes, then there are many things that you need to consider. We will just look at some of them here.
Your foot sizes
When you buy basketball shoes, then you should make sure that you measure the size of your feet. Remember the shape and the size of the feet can change with the passage of time. When you know the exact width and length of the shoes, then you will be able to get hold of shoes that fit you perfectly well.
Understand your playing style
Secondly, it is very important that you should have a fair idea of your playing style when you have to choose basketball footwear. For example, if you are a guard, you can only get your hands on the best basketball shoes for guards if you analyze your style well.
Ideally, you can classify your style into three main categories. You can be a power player, a speedster or All-around player so make your choice accordingly.
Have a clear idea about the styles available
You need to have a clear idea about the basketball footwear styles as well when you are all set to make your purchase. Usually, you will find the low-tops, high-tops, and mid-tops in the market. As discussed above you will select the footwear style depending on your playing style.
Check the shoe material
When you are all set to make the basketball shoe purchase, then consider the material of the shoes as well. The shoe material matters a lot especially if you are a basketball guard. The best basketball shoe for guards are the ones that can withstand damage. For example, if you opt for the plastic-based synthetic shoe, then they will be able to withstand any damage.
The basketball shoes should offer to cushion
The most important thing is that your basketball shoes should be comfortable. This is why you need to look for cushioning. You will find two basic types of cushioning. You can get hold of foam cushions, and you can get air-based cushioning as well.
Check the outsole
When buying basketball shoes, you should check out that the shoes offer great traction. Plus, the shoes should allow you to play on various surfaces without an issue. Ideally, you should check the thickness of the rubber outsole, softness and pattern as well. These aspects are quite essential especially if you are looking for best basketball shoes for guards.
Benefits of having basketball shoes
Increase your speed while playing
When you want to play basketball at a fast pace and a competitive level, then a good pair of basketball shoes will help increase your speed.
Allow comfortable connection to the floor
When you have the right pair of shoes, then they will make your trip around the court a lot more comfortable. Well-fitted shoes allow sharper movements as well.
Provide adequate ankle protection
The truth is broken ankles can end a promising basketball career. Well, if you have mid or high-top basketball shoes, then they provide adequate support to the ankles. The ankle support will prevent the injuries. The ankle support is quite important if you are basketball guard. You need to look for the best basketball shoes for guards in this situation that offer the maximum ankle support.
Promote knee stability
When you wear nicely fitted basketball shoes, then they will help your body absorb the impact of falling on the floor. If the shoes are well-padded, then they will promote knee stability as well.
- Which socks will go well with your basketball shoes?
First, remember that you should go for socks that offer moisture control. Additionally, your basketball socks should also offer arch support and anti-fatigue compression. You can go for Adidas or Nike Hyper Elite socks. You should make sure that you do not use any fabric softener on the socks because that kills the moisture wicking capabilities.
2- How to select the best basketball shoes for guards?
When choosing the best basketball shoes for guards or any other role, go for the shoes that feel best on your feet.
3- How to get the best size for basketball shoes?
You should measure your feet using the Brannock device. This way you can get the most suitable sized basketball shoes.
4- How often should you buy your basketball shoes?
Now, this is a tricky question because the shoe life varies as per the brands. However, if you go for a brand like Nike, then the shoes are designed to last for a long time and will not experience wear and tear. If you are looking for best basketball shoes for guards, even then Nike can be a great selection.
The guidelines mentioned above give the user a detailed picture of the appropriate basketball shoes. The criteria to select the appropriate basketball shoes has also been discussed above. This is why you should make sure that you follow the mentioned guidelines when buying basketball shoes.
All basketball roles require durable shoes, but if you are basketball guard, then the durability factor matters the most. This is why you should go for the best brands as discussed above. This way you will not feel the need to invest in your basketball shoes every now and then. Go for the best basketball shoes for guards, and you will not have to regret your decision.