Basketball is an amazing game that burns calories, improves the heart rate and the mobility of the players, but at the same time, it is likely to cause damage. The damage could be in the form of a knee or ankle injury, a broken leg muscle or fatigue, etc. Of all these damages, the most crucial one is the ankle injury because it is a sensitive joint that takes time to recover if damaged.
To avoid any chance of getting ankle injury, the professional players like to use basketball ankle braces to maintain their form in the court. It helps them avoid any injury or muscle pull while making movements during the game. This is important because protection is the most important thing that a player needs to take care of. Otherwise, there would be a great performance lapse on his part in the game.
At present, there are many renowned companies all around the world that are making best basketball ankle brace. They are of different qualities, designs and styles, and sizes so that every age group can buy them to play their game safely. Given below are some of the best examples of these ankle braces that most of the players like to buy for themselves.
#1 DonJoy Performance POD Ankle Brace
- Provides " On Demand" technology engages specifically when needed to proactively prohibit ankle roll and other common ankle injuries
- Engineered to maximize the athlete's natural range of motion while providing exceptional support where it's needed
- Molded TPU shell adapts to match the anatomical shape of any foot; Low profile design and adjustability ensure a customizable fit
- Super soft EVA underlayer lining hugs the foot and ankle for ultimate comfort without being overly bulky
- Designed to treat and protect against ankle instability, inversion and eversion ankle sprains, and roll control
- DonJoy Performance POD ankle brace is engineered brace.
- It has a molded TPU shell.
- These braces have soft EVA underlayer lining
- Specially designed with technology that prevents ankle rolling.
- This is a low-profit design.
DonJoy Performance POD ankle brace is one of the best basketball ankle braces that is preferred by many professional basketball players. Also, people that have an injury in ankle due to some other reason can also use it to support their ankles. Given below are some of the pros and cons of this brace.
- DonJoy Performance POD ankle brace is very comfortable.
- They prevent turning and twisting of ankle muscles.
- These braces support the tendons and ligaments of player’s ankle.
- Provide stability to the ankle bone.
- The designing of these braces allow them to fit firmly in every size of the ankle.
- These DonJoy Performance POD ankle braces are bulky and heavier than the other braces.
#2 Camel Breathable Ankle Brace
- MATERIAL: nylon fabric have heat setting characteristics, which can maintain the bending deformation, Spandex have excellent elastic with High strength, wear resistance, good elasticity.
- BREATHABLE: 3D stereoscopic stretch knit fabric with moisture wicking fabric to keep your feet dry all day long. Nest hole woven mesh yarn, make out great breathability, Quick at absorbing sweat and keeps your feet dry and odor free!
- COMFORTABLE: Slip your foot in for soft, form-fitting compression support you need - without restricting your mobility. Non-slip design in the ankle, enhance the stability, provides the perfect form fit around your ankle, allowing you to benefit from support without suffering from sleeves that are too constricting.
- WONDERFUL DESIGN:The one-piece sleeveless design with no blemishes on the surface does not affect the wearing of everyday shoes and socks, and maintains the flexibility of the joints to a greater extent.
- MULTIFUNCTIONAL: Plantar Fasciitis Foot Socks with Arch Support, Eases Swelling, Heel Spurs, Achilles tendon, Sprain prevention, Prevent scratches, keep warm away from cold, great choice for running, perfect when playing football, basketball, tennis, volleyball.
- Camel Breathable ankle brace is made with nylon fabric.
- Spandex is used for elasticity in these braces.
- They have moisture wicking properties.
- There is no-slip design in the ankle area.
- The fabric is 3D stereoscopic stretch knit.
Camel Breathable ankle brace is also one of the best basketball ankle braces. Just like any other ankle brace, they are also very supportive and protective for the ankle of player. But they have many additional properties as well. Given below are these properties.
- Camel Breathable ankle brace is very comfortable.
- They are very durable and can be used on a daily basis.
- It helps in easing the swelling of the ankle.
- Prevent the turning and twisting of player’s ankle muscles.
- They are very soft and cushioning for the ankle, thus accelerate the recovery of ankle injuries.
#3 Zenith Ankle Brace
- Zenith ankle brace comes in different sizes, for every age group.
- Made with nylon and neoprene.
- They have a lace-up front and angular straps.
- These braces are double stitched.
- The material used to make them is elastic in nature, with the metallic outer body.
Zenith ankle brace is the top choice of kids and adults who like to play basketball on a regular basis. The material quality and durability is the most prominent feature that attracts people towards it. Also, the support and protection make them the best basketball ankle brace. Given below are some of the pros and cons of these braces.
- Zenith ankle brace has moisture wicking properties.
- They are very comfortable with player’s feet.
- They prevent rolling of ankle inside and outside during the basketball game.
- These braces provide the best breathability to the player’s ankle.
- They have ideal fitness and tightness in the feet.
- The Zenith ankle brace is not suitable for people with extra-large feet.
#4 Zamst Ankle Brace Support Stabilize
- Zamst ankle brace support stabilizer has dual external support.
- They have anchor strap.
- These braces are made with grip technology.
- Zamst ankle brace support has a bilateral design.
- Zamst ankle brace support is made with nylon and some elastic material.
Zamst ankle brace support is one of the best basketball ankle braces that are both supportive of the feet of basketball players and also protect the injured ankles. Most of the professional players like to use it even though they do not have any injury. Given below are some of the pros and cons.
- Zamst ankle brace support is very durable and comfortable.
- They have moisture wicking properties.
- These braces prevent the formation of blisters as well.
- The ankle does not turn or twist when the player is wearing these braces.
- They provide the best ventilation for player’s ankle.
- Zamst ankle brace support has no cushioning for the ankle.
#5 Tech Ware Pro Ankle Brace Compression Sleeve
- This brace is made through unique manufacturing process that provides compression to the brace.
- These braces are also known as therapy socks.
- They are made of nylon and spandex material.
- They have bilateral designing to support ankle from inside and outside.
- Tech Ware Pro ankle brace compression sleeve have anchor straps
Tech Ware Pro ankle brace compression sleeve is the first choice of professional players. Also, people who get an injury through any other activity also like to use these braces to recover. Given below are the pros and cons of the best basketball ankle brace.
- Tech Ware Pro ankle brace compression sleeve is very comfortable.
- They are durable.
- They have moisture wicking properties.
- They are very tight and fit for ankle for support and protection.
- In addition to injuries, it also prevents blister formation in the ankle area.
- These braces do not have breathability properties for the player’s ankle.
Important Factors to Consider When Buying the Best Basketball Ankle Brace
Just like when you go to the market to buy anything, you take into consideration a few things that you want to have in the product. Similarly, while buying the ankle brace, you need to consider a few things so that you may not need to buy it again or exchange it in the future. Here is the brief description of most important things to consider.
Quality of Ankle Brace
As a buyer, you must keep in mind that the ankle braces you are buying for playing basketball must be durable. This means that it must be made with the good quality material. Check all the features of the brace and the material used to make it before making the final buying decision.
Also, make sure that you know the manufacturers from where you are buying. They must be credible and have a good reputation in the market. This is another indicator of the quality products that they are offering you.
Fitness and Comfort of Ankle Brace
When you enter the market to buy ankle brace for yourself, you will probably find a number of manufacturers that offer durable braces, but very few of them are comfortable. Maybe the material they are made with is of great quality, but their extra weight or bulkiness can cause inconvenience for you while playing the game.
Also, maybe that shoe is not properly fit into your feet. This will also create hurdle in your game. Therefore, when you go for buying the best basketball ankle brace for yourself, try to check the fitness and comfort of the shoes as well. If they are not properly fit, they cannot provide the necessary protection to your ankle for which they are made.
Cost of Ankle Brace
The cost of ankle brace must not be too high for the players to buy them with satisfaction. Also, keep in mind that the high price of your ankle brace does not guarantee that the product is of good quality and the low price does not indicate that the braces are of low quality.
Rather than the price, you must focus more on the features of the brace to evaluate it critically as a buying item. Only after careful observation and manipulation, make the final decision rationally. Only then you will be able to buy the best basketball ankle brace for yourself.
Safety of Ankle Brace
To get the best basketball ankle brace that is suitable for your ankle is a challenge. The importance of brace in protecting your feet must not be underestimated. Also, you cannot decide all alone that a particular brace would be good for you. To make a choice, you need to consult your doctor. After doctor’s recommendation, you will be free to make a choice with confidence.
If you fail to buy the best one for yourself, then it could result in bad results. Therefore, when you are planning to buy an ankle brace for yourself, then try to keep the given advice in your mind so that you could make the best selection.
Benefits of having the Best Basketball Ankle Brace
The use of basketball ankle brace for protection is often debated. Some people argue that they create problems, while others defend the fact that they have helped them cope with difficult situations during the game.
Given below are the main benefits of using the ankle braces during the basketball game to satisfy the misconception of people who do not take it as a serious need of players.
Helps Avoid Injuries
The ankle braces are not only used to protect the ankles from injuries, but they are also made for the weak ankles that need support. You can wear them for protection, as well as for support when you are playing a game like a basketball or may be doing any other intensive activity that poses chances of injury to your ankle muscles and tendons. So, this is the great benefit of having a pair of them.
Support Ankle Joints
The ankle braces are made with a material that is elastic in nature with metal support on the outer side. It provides protection and support on both sides of the ankle.
Just as mentioned in the point above that they are a proper support system for ankle muscles and tendons; if the ankles of an individual are weak, then they can wear them to prevent any kind of injury that can occur while playing a game or while doing some other activity.
Prevent Swelling and Pain
During the basketball game, the ankle sprain in which the ankle of the player turns and twists on the side can cause severe pain and swelling. In this situation, the use of ankle brace can support the swollen tendon or ligament of the ankle. Also, it will help in alleviating the pain by taking the muscle back to its original place. For inside and outside rolling of the ankle, there are different ankle braces, so use the one that suits your injury. Only then you will be able to get the desired results.
One of the main parts of ankle healing from injury is to stop recurrence. If a person has an ankle injury, then the use of ankle brace can help in preventing the recurrence of the injury that can prove to be even more damaging for ankle muscles.
The use of ankle brace is not at all specified for only basketball players; other sportspersons can also use them. Also, those people who are physically challenged in some way can also use them to address their problems. The only thing that you need to take care of is to choose the right brace for the right injury or ankle condition. Only then it will work great for you.
FAQs on the Best Basketball Ankle Brace
As a basketball player, we are sure that you must have a lot of questions in your mind that you want an answer for. Here are some of the most common questions that players feel confused about. You can get all your answers here.
Can wearing an ankle brace for a long time weaken our ankle?
Well, there are no clinical studies that support the argument that ankle brace use can weaken the ankles. Recently, some experts came up with an answer that it depends on the type of brace the player is using.
For instance, the use of hinged style brace, which is considered as the best basketball ankle brace, does not stop the ankle from making natural movements while a player, and at the same time protect the ankle. Therefore, there are no chances that it restrict the ankle strength. On the other hand, the lace-up style ankle braces do not allow the player to make the natural movements. Therefore they can weaken the ankle to some extent.
Are there any chances of getting knee injury while wearing ankle brace?
There is no evidence in favor of this argument that the use of ankle brace can cause knee injury. In fact, there is no connection between these two. Also, there is no such case reported yet that says that the use of ankle brace caused knee injury. It is illogical.
Does ankle brace hurt the performance of players?
This is true, but not for all type of ankle braces. Studies have shown that the use of lace-up ankle brace stops the natural movement of ankle muscles. Therefore, it hinders the overall performance of the player. The up and down movements that the player could freely make without these braces are hinder, and thus, the player could not perform well.
However, the use of hinged ankle brace allows the ankle of player to make every possible natural movement during the game. Also, it protects the feet from turning and twisting, thus improve the performance of a player in the game.
Do I need to wear ankle brace even if I am an expert basketball player?
No matter how much you are athletically sound and how much your ankle muscles are developed, you need to wear them for your protection because you never know what situation you will face during the game.
It is very important to take preventive measures rather than getting caught in difficult situations. Once you get an injury I your ankle, it will take time to recover and get back to the performance. Therefore, always use the best basketball ankle brace for yourself no matter what.
Buying the best basketball ankle brace is a crucial decision that a player has to make. It needs proper research and proper knowledge about the type of braces and their specific features. But, always remember that the examples given above are the best option to make a selection from. Many professional players use these braces, and according to them, they serve the purpose of ankle protection at best.
An injury to ankle is not a normal thing, and thus it must not be taken lightly. When you are planning to buy the brace, take proper consultation and educate yourself. If you have no one to ask, you can go online to read reviews of people about the braces to get an idea about the credibility of that brace. Unfortunately, if you buy the wrong brace, it will become a cause of your ankle injury rather than protection.
Being a responsible buyer, educate yourself properly and then go out for the search for ankle braces. Only in this way, you will be able to get the best one for yourself.